We are incredibly happy to announce that, after careful deliberation of state health and safety guidelines, the Gladys E. Kelly Public Library will be REOPENING to the public for limited hours starting Monday, August 3rd!
Our new hours will be:
Please note that numerous safety measures have been put in place in order to provide a healthy environment for our staff and patrons, and that some measures may be updated and/or changed during the coming months in order to accommodate any new or shifting safety needs that arise as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves.
- We are currently REQUIRING that all patrons over the age of two wear a face mask in order to gain entrance to the building, and these masks must be worn at all times while inside. Patrons who fail to adhere to this rule will be asked to leave.
- We are also limiting the number of patrons that may be inside the library at one time to 25. Thus, we will require patrons to check in at the door so we may count those entering and exiting. We also ask that patrons be mindful of these limits and reduce their time spent in the library as much as possible.
- Computer use will also be limited to ONE limited session per day with no extensions (30 mins.), and computer stations will be staggered (6ft. apart) to allow for social distancing.
- Study rooms and meeting rooms will be temporarily unavailable, as this will aid us in reducing the number of patrons in the building.
- Our curbside pickup service will no longer be offered starting August 3rd. However, those who wish for a speedy and more distanced pickup experience may opt to have their items handed to them at the check-in table at the main entrance.
We thank everyone – every patron a part of our lovely and strong Webster community – in advance for their patience and their perseverance during this tremendously strange and difficult time. We hope that the library will remain a safe haven for all and that we will be able to provide
the same wonderful service we always strive for (just in a modified format for now).
Thank you all,
Staff of the Gladys E. Kelly Public Library